Bethel Ridge is sharing services with Special Homes of NJ to provide greater opportunities for individuals with special needs.
About Bethel Ridge
Bethel Ridge has been providing quality services to the special needs community for almost a quarter of a century. Our holistic approach in caring for all the needs of the individual makes our programs truly unique. Here is a sampling of our array of services:
- Transition Services to vocationally prepare students for the workforce with a seamless CARF Accredited Supported Employment Program to help people find jobs in the community tailor made to the individual’s interests
- The Learning Center at Bethel Ridge building academic and social skills to enhance the employability of our individuals
- Our Friday Night Social Club offering cultural events to maximize the participant’s inclusion into the arts, theaters, restaurants, museums and educational venues
- The Recreational Program offering the opportunity to attend sporting and social events and seasonal dances
- Community-based supports to help individuals function more independently in their daily lives
- A small residential component serving six people
We are now positioned to move into a full continuum of residential choices by joining forces and sharing services with Special Homes of New Jersey. They currently have eight homes and are actively expanding to provide more housing opportunities to our population. In addition, their residential services include greater choice for individuals with the option of Supportive or Supervised apartments according to the level of need. Their 30-year demonstrated track record of affording quality residential options to people with special needs coupled with our diverse offerings makes it a truly exceptional affiliation.
We are pleased to announce that in an effort to streamline operations and contain costs, we are also sharing management services. Terrence McKeon, our Executive Director, will oversee both Bethel Ridge and Special Homes. Terry has been a professional executive in the community-based developmental disabilities field since 1980. Over the last fifteen years, he has helped Special Homes maintain its reputation for quality services, which is a result of developing a committed and connected team of professional residential managers, direct support professionals, clinicians, and Board of Directors. Additionally, his efforts have resulted in open lines of communication amongst parents, guardians and other involved individuals.
Terry McKeon, Executive Director
Kristy Laird, Senior Program Director
Kelly Walsh, Program Coordinator
Rashmi Parikh, Office Administrator
Beth Donnelly, Human Resources
Ahjah Drake, Coordinator of Supported Employment & Community Supports
Our Board of Directors & Advisory Board (2017/2018)
Executive Board Members:
Jane O'Connor – President
Judy McGrath – Vice President
Margaret Ferraioli – Secretary
David Wigg – Treasurer
Hank Ferraioli, Esq. – Chair
Brian Foley, Esq.
Jack Salaki, MD